Import Permit Procedure
The requirements provided below are mandatory and must be fulfilled prior to the issuance of import permit(s) for importation of mobiles and radio communication devices to be type approved in Fiji.
1. Reception of import permit application which contains;
a. All technical documentations and invoices of equipment(s) in soft or hard copy.
b. Import permit issuance will require, provision of brand, model and serial numbers for all mobile phones and radio communication(s) devices for assessment before an import permit can be issued.
2. Application fee of FJ$11.50 (VIP) per model /type approval is paid.
3. An import permit fee is levied on all telecommunication and radio communication equipment imported into Fiji. A fee applies to each model assessed for type approval in respect of the Telecommunication Act 2008.
4. A fee is charged on each equipment assessment that TAF undertakes in response to an application request. This applies to each model assessed and for which a type approval is issued. That fee is $11.50 irrespective of the number of individual handsets associated with that model. As such, a fee is charged on the different types of equipment (models) provided for processing. This is outlined on “section 29” of the Telecommunication Act 2008 (License fee schedule), “for a single request to import radio communication”.
5. Lead time for such approval is 1-2 days.
6. Payment can be done at all Post Fiji outlets through telegraphic money order (TMO invoice for payment of fees from Post Fiji is required for import permit processing) or fees being paid at TAF office at 76 Gordon Street , Suva.
The import permit(s) can be emailed upon request or collected from TAF office at 76 Gordon Street , Suva.
Bank details for direct funds transfer to TAF are:
|Account name:||Consolidated Fund Account – TAF|
|Bank Name:||Bank South Pacific|